In May 2016, Industrial Safety Professionals, Inc. was contracted to provide Health & Safety support for the relining of a 12,000-gallon underground diesel tank. The purpose of the relining was to repair a leak in the tank. The project took place at a 7-11 gas/food station in Temecula, CA.
ISPI’s scope of work for the project included:
- Reviewing and signing off on Safety Plans
- Ensuring the appropriate certifications were in place
- Site security
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Confined space entry / Confined space rescue
- Rescue equipment inspection
- Trenching/shoring inspection
- Ensure team had the appropriate respiratory protection
- Ensure appropriate fall protection was in place
ISPI staff was on-site at all times work was being performed for the entire 7-day period and were standing by for confined space rescue if necessary. No injuries occurred during this project.